ISO 9001:2015
1 (281) 243-2900
info@EadsDistribution.com

Our History

Eads Distribution is a family of companies that have become the Go-To solutions supplier for businesses across the country.

Our mission of being an indispensable partner for all of our customer’s process equipment within a defined scope of supply began when we opened our doors in 1953. The company’s founder, Ralph Eads, a decorated World War II veteran and entrepreneurial engineer, based the business on the premise that “…to earn our money, and build great relationships, we must always strive to add value for both our customers and suppliers!” Today, we still fiercely adhere to the guiding principles of our founder and use them to guide our customer & supplier relationships — some of which are as old as the company is itself and twice as strong.

Eads Distribution was the first of nine companies created by the vision of Ralph Eads. In 1985 Eads Distribution opened its first branch office outside of Houston. By 2012, Eads was serving customers and suppliers from eight locations (Houston, Freeport, Corpus Christi, Texas City, Beaumont, Dallas, Longview, and Odessa) in Texas. Along the way, five independent businesses elected to merge their organizations with ours, expanding the number of suppliers and employees available to earn a position of trust with Eads’ customers.

June of 2012 found the employee-owners of Eads Distribution welcoming a financial sponsor, The CapStreet Group, as an additional owner in order to help the business grow beyond Texas. After much work was done to enable Eads Distribution to support additional customers and suppliers, Jatasco (Tulsa) elected to join the team in 2014. They were followed later by Control Equipment (Marietta, Jacksonville, Orlando, Birmingham, Mobile, Memphis, Murfreesboro, Kingsport, Charlotte), TSI (Marietta), EPSCO (Deer Park, Freeport, Beaumont, Corpus Christi, Lake Charles, Baton Rouge) and JB Systems (LaGrange).

Our History at a Glance

May 20, 1953

Ralph Eads establishes The Eads Company on May 20, 1953

1955

Sales of AirMaze (now Falls Filtration) and Commercial Filters (now part of Parker) products begin

1965

Sales of Fabri-valve valves begin

1970s

Company expands sales to major petrochemical customers

1983

Steve Albert joins Eads, migration begins from heavy capex/systems sales to MRO components

1985

Spirax Sarco steam products made available to Eads Texas City Branch is established

1986

Dallas sales office opened

1987

Steve Muller & Associates (SMA) and ESCH & Associates acquired.

Freeport & Corpus Christi offices opened.

Sales of Tufline, Worcester, Penberthy begin, establshing Eads as a specialty valve supplier and also one of mechanical instrumentation

1988

Beaumont sales office opened

1990

IVA acquired in Beaumont; Nederland Branch is established combining Beaumont sales office and IVA

1993

Employee ownership begins

1994

Eads exits pump business (Steve Muller Associates/SMA Systems sold to key employees)

FE Bradley assets purchased in Dallas and Houston

SOR and Bailey Fischer & Porter added, establishing Eads as a supplier of electronic instrumentation

1996

San Antonio sales office opened

2000

Longview sales office established

2003

Eads becomes 100% owned by group of employee partners

2004

Sales of McCrometer flow measurement begins, first Industrially then later to Oil & Gas accounts replacing Cameron

2007

Odessa sales office established

2008

Eads bookings (including commission sales) exceed $80,000,000

2012

Eads booked gross margin in one Branch (Houston) exceeds $1,000,000 in a single month

Capstreet investment

2013

Jatasco & Control Equipment Co. acquisitions.

2014

EPSCO & TSI Services acquisition.

2015

JB Systems acquisition.

2016

Texas City & Deer Park Locations combined into Deer Park facility, strengthening Eads Epsco’s ship channel presence.

2017

Eads Distribution acquired by FCx Performance.

2018

Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) announces intent to purchase FCx Performance.